Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

Rain, rain go away ...


I met Angie for lunch downtown today. After I dropped her off back at her office I headed down to the new pedestrian bridges near the Keeper of the Plains statue. A bit awkward looking, they are an amazing site. It's especially picturesque at night, when the rings of fire are burning. But what struck me today was the level of the Arkansas River. It's rained a lot this spring in Wichita and other places farther up the river. Today, the river was still out of its bank in a few places, including near the Keeper, where the Big and Little Arkansas rivers come together. This was one of the last images I made. The more I look at it, the more I feel like that tree. -Mike

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Hit Counter
Free Counter