Friday, June 08, 2007
Great View!

This has been my desktop image on my MacBook for the past couple of weeks. It was taken from the press box at Lawrence Dumont Stadium as players for Manhattan High and Shawnee Mission West High line up for the National Anthem prior to the start of the Class 6A baseball championship. I've been to one other game at LD this year and will have been to at least three Shockers baseball games by the end of this weekend. LD has a great view of Wichita's skyline but it's the seventh oldest stadium still used in professional baseball. Because of that, the Wranglers are leaving after this season for Northwest Arkansas, where voters approved building a brand new stadium to lure the team away. I sure hope the city finds a new tenant for LD. It would be even better if the city would take this opportunity to build a new stadium, too, but I doubt that would ever happen.
Free Counter