Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Firewood
I spent a good portion of the July 4th weekend splitting some firewood with our neighbor. We now have a nice stack behind the shed. As a recent groom commented on Facebook, you wouldn't normally expect to hear of a photographer spending a summer weekend playing with firewood. That's true but it sure was fun to get out and do some hard work. Having said that, I don't foresee opening a tree-trimming business any time soon.
Labels: Mike
Comments:
<< Home
That looks like it might last you about a week if you have a cold winter. When are you planning to cut the rest?
We'll do most of our burning on weekends. By the time we could get a good fire going on a weekday evening it would be so late it would hardly be worth it. No plans to cut more. That's it. We took about half of the tree. The other half was too soft or too rotten to mess with.
if I'd have known you were looking for a tree, Erik and I would have let you cut OURS down. sheesh.... ;)
Oh, this tree was already cut down but still in rather large pieces. It was quite a chore splitting it.
Post a Comment
<< Home
Free Counter
