Tuesday, April 29, 2008
JayStars

About once a week I have to shoot these things at work called JayStars. They are "on the spot" recognition of a job well done. Think of it as an employee-of-the-month type award without the regularity. They don't usually make a picture but I go anyway, because, well, I'm expected to. So I go. It's less of a hassle that way. Just the other day I was thinking that I should get a JayStar for shooting all the JayStars.
Today, I got my wish! The staff in University Relations nominated me for a JayStar because of the work I've been doing. It's apparent that the medical school hasn't had a real photographer for some time, if ever, so the fact that I like to crawl out of my studio every now and then and actually shoot our students learning medicine is something of a novelty.
Between the people in UR and the people from HR and the people from my department, there were about 15 people gathered outside my studio today. There was just one person missing – me. There was no one there to shoot me receiving my JayStar.

So I made a self-portrait today. If it looks like I'm happy to have received a JayStar, it's because I am. I've never worked at a place that encourages and nourishes a positive environment. It's something that I'm still getting used to.
Comments:
<< Home
What would that award be in Manhttan? the Williestar?
That's awesome man, congrats! And keep up the good work.
That's awesome man, congrats! And keep up the good work.
It is almost a shocking change to work somewhere positive that you are appreciated isn't it? I know the feeling. You look around and just think wow so this is why some people actually enjoy going to work everyday? =0)
Good job Mike. Congrats on the great job & your award =0)
~kasie
Post a Comment
Good job Mike. Congrats on the great job & your award =0)
~kasie
<< Home
Free Counter

