Sunday, May 10, 2009
River Run fun!

On Saturday, a few thousand Wichitans gathered downtown for the annual River Festival River Run. "So, what?" you ask, knowing I'm not the athletic type? For the past two months or so Angie's been training with the Fitness Bootcamp group at 5:30 each morning. A bunch of them participated in the races on Saturday, including Angie, who ran in the two mile.
That's Angie with Tamika, her accountability partner and former colleague from an employer that shall remain nameless. (Angie's over it. I'm not.)

Here's Angie rounding the final turn to the finish line. She's smiling at me because I'm yelling encouragement to her as she runs by.

Angie is really excited to have participated in the race and even more proud of her medal. I hear she's already training for next year's run.
Labels: Angie
Comments:
<< Home
Yeah Angie! Be sure to tell her that entering races like these can be some of the best motivation to keep training. Running's Awesome.
And no fair about the medal.... I've run in a few of these things and the only keepsake I get is my number and free beer after the race.
And no fair about the medal.... I've run in a few of these things and the only keepsake I get is my number and free beer after the race.
Matt, most all of my friends have approached or passed 30 and at some point have picked up running. Not me. I'm content walking the dog or mowing the back yard.
Post a Comment
<< Home
Free Counter
